Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Hamster

So, there is a website called freecycle, where one obtains things... for free. Last night, against my wishes, and even despite my telling her no, Amber gets this Hamster for free. The Johnsons have extended their love and kindness to a new animal... i'm not sure it had a name, and if it didn't... it never will. I just received a IM from my wife, explaining that Travis my #2 kid went to go play with hammy ( just gave it a name) and it wouldn't move... After some contemplation, he made the connection... You know how Grandpa Belnap died cuz he was old, well I think the Hamster was like Grandpa Belnap.

I took this opportunity to make sure my wife knew that I had told her no, and to solidify my position as the pants wearer in the family. Good thing we have a comfy couch. :)

And so in under 12 hours the Johnsons went from being a Hamster Home, to being Hamsterless. My Oldest is as school, and doesn't know yet. I figured we should cover it up, and tell her it was all a dream. Tell her we never got a hamster.

1 people were amused:

Kacy said...

Dave, You know you don't wear the pants so quit pretending. You probably gave it some mouse poisoning before you went to work. LOL